Your PCSO Experience
Welcome to Portland Columbia Symphony!
Thanks for looking around our website. We love to help new audiences feel comfortable in their ticket purchase and the concert experience, so we’ve compiled this page just for you to help answer the most frequently asked questions about what to expect.
Got a question that’s not answered here? Let us know!
Note: If you’ve never been to see a symphony orchestra perform live, be sure to also check out our Symphony 101.
Concerts during the COVID-19 Era
The health and wellness of our players and audience remain our number one priority. As state and federal policies change, we’ll be ready to implement any number of measures to ensure that the live concert experience is presented safely and responsibly. A few of the measures we are exploring include:
- Closing off rows of seats, and/or assigning distanced seating between parties.
- Enlisting additional support at the concert hall to ensure safe distances between people at entry and exit points.
- Streaming concerts online for those who are unable to comfortably attend.
- Developing digital content in place of high-touch materials like program books.
- Monitoring temperatures of staff and players.
- Getting creative about our ensemble’s set-up.
- Encouraging masks and other protective wear, both on stage as possible and in the hall.
We will present every concert we have planned as long as it is safe to do so. If a concert needs to be canceled, all ticket holders will have the option of receiving a refund for those tickets. Whatever happens, you can be assured that we’ll maintain close communication with you, our audience, throughout the entire season.
A special request…
In order to continue learning, adapting, and evolving, PCSO needs the support of our community more than ever. Please consider making a gift in support of our efforts and organization today.